SOES (Simple OpenSource EtherCAT Slave Stack) is an opensource slave stack that is very easy to use and provides a small footprint. It is a good alternative to more complex stacks on the market and is especially well suited for embedded systems.
Features as of SOES
- Address offset based HAL for easy ESC read/write access via any interface
- Mailbox with data link layer
- Object dictionary
- SDO read and write for all sizes including segmented transfers
- Easy portable C-code suited for embedded applications
- Fixed PDO mapping
- FoE with bootstrap template
- Support for Little and Big endian targets
- Run polling, mixed polling/interrupt or interrupt
- Support for SM Synchronization
- Support DC sync0 and DC Synchronization
- Add stack configuration via new configuration paramater to/or from “stack”_init
Source code and documenation
Please refer to Open EtherCAT Society
SOES can be licensed under commercial license.
Licensing of Open EtherCAT Society’s Simple Open EtherCAT Master (SOEM) under a commercial license for use in a named product / product line. The SOEM stack changes names when released under a commercial license to Versatile EtherCAT Master Library (VEML).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on commercial alternatives when using SOES