SOES EtherCAT Slave Library, written in C, is used to write custom EtherCAT Slave applications.
SOES can run on a large number of platforms, the main requirement is that the platform include or can interface an EtherCAT Slave Controller(ESC).
It is easy to use and provides a small footprint. It is a good alternative to more complex stacks on the market and is especially well suited for embedded systems.
- Memory allocated statically,
- Low footprint
- Easy to port driver and application layer via ESC read/write layer.
- Hardware support
- ET1100, ET1200
- IP 181x
- TI soft ESC
- Mailbox Box protocols:
- Syncmanager synchronous
- Distributed Clocks
- Modes of operation
- Polling – will poll for events and data
- Mixed polling/interrupt – will poll for events and trigger in data interrupts
- Interrupt – will trigger on events and data interrupts
Link to documentation: https://rt-labs.com/docs/soem/index.html
Link to download: https://github.com/OpenEtherCATsociety/soes