Most or RT-Labs communication stacks are issued under a dual license; GPL and proprietary/commercial. Terms and conditions for the commercial license are available here
The commercial license does not include any GPL / copyleft and can be used in any commercial product. The license is valid for a product family or project which is described in a license scope. No runtime fees apply.
Modification of the terms and conditions of the commercial license is possible for an extra fee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Is there a difference in functionality between the commercial and GPL version?
No, it is only the license terms and conditions that differ. Profiles/adaptations/ports etc are normally not provided under GPL.
Which communication stacks are available as commercial license?
- SOEM – EtherCAT Master Library)
- SOES – EtherCATSlave Library)
- c-open – RT-Labs CANOpen stack
- p-net – RT-Labs ProfiNET stack
- i-link – RT-Labs IO-Link stack
How do I order a license?
Request a quote from RT-Labs via email@example.com. Please include a product name and product description in the request.
How do I prove to my customer etc. that I have a valid commercial license?
The following two documents are needed:
- Purchase order from your company referring to the quote (referred to as ” related business document” in the Software License Agreement
- The quote provided by RT-Labs (which includes the Software License Agreement)
The commerical license is delivered as release with custom headers including the license definition.