Most of RT-Labs communication stacks are issued under a dual license; GPL and proprietary/commercial. Terms and conditions for the commercial license are available here
The commercial license does not include any GPL or copyleft and can be used in any commercial product. The license is valid for a product family or project which is described in a license scope. No runtime fees apply.
Modification of the terms and conditions of the commercial license is possible for an extra fee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Is there a difference in functionality between the commercial and GPL version?
No, it is only the license terms and conditions that differ. Profiles/adaptations/ports etc are normally not provided under GPL.
Which communication stacks are available as commercial license?
- SOEM – EtherCAT Master Library
- SOES – EtherCAT Slave Library
- c-open – RT-Labs CANOpen stack
- p-net – RT-Labs ProfiNET stack
- i-link – RT-Labs IO-Link stack
How do I order a license?
Request a quote from RT-Labs via email@example.com. Please include a product name and product description in the request.
How do I prove to my customer etc. that I have a valid commercial license?
The following two documents are needed:
- Purchase order from your company referring to the quote (referred to as ” related business document” in the Software License Agreement)
- The quote provided by RT-Labs (which includes the Software License Agreement)
The commercial license is delivered as a release with custom headers including the license definition.